VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have VW Golf Plus late 2008 model with Kenwood opx501u…

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi,I have VW...
Second opinion] hi,I have VW Golf Plus late 2008 model with Kenwood opx501u media player.But it does not support bluetooth. I'm looking for a replacement and not sure what to choose.Also I've read that because of old gateway version in car new player may discharge battery quickly, so gateway has to be replaced. I found where it's installed and read it's version: 1K0 907 530Q.The main reason why I wanna upgrade player it's bluetooth for listening music from phone.Would be nice if new player may display such info like fuel dissipation, because car main display does not show it.I consider even buying something from sites like aliexpress.com, because of money.Please advice what player may be good choice for me and if gateway has to be replaced to support it.Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Chris for response,actually yes, I have one additional question regarding gateway - I've read that the last letter in it's model can say if it support CAN 2.0 or not, so if it has to be replace or not. Have you heard about that ?

I am sorry, I do not know that answer either. I will opt out.

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced