VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Radio stuck in safe mode. Came with car. 2004 VW Beetle. New…

Customer Question
Radio stuck in safe...

Radio stuck in safe mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2004 VW Beetle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
Here's the VIN and radio Serial Number
1/5/2018
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 6 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Sorry for the inconvenience but we are not allowed to supply radio codes anymore due to company policy
How do I get the code from VW? My local Dealership wants me to bring in the car and let them scan it for $75. I know the codes are available without a scan being necessary.
Since you have the serial # and the vin # the dealer can look it up for you , without a scan . We used to be able too but not anymore