VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I'm having issues with my timing and camshaft. I don't know…

Customer Question
I'm having issues with...

I'm having issues with my timing and camshaft

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know your ignition timing number? How many miles are on the car?

I don't know what the ignition timing number is. I have roughly 179350 miles I get the error code p0343

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

04 Passat 1.8t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. The timing belt snapped while I was driving, I feared that the valves had bent, after I put the new belt and did the timing, the car turned over just fine just doesn't start up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had replaced the camshaft sensor, hoping that was the issue the car had for not starting, and it still doesn't start. But the motor does turn over

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
1/5/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

can you remove all 4 spark plugs and then have a second person crank the engine over and see if you have any pressure coming out of the spark plug holes.

please do let me know

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced