VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2004 toureg blower fan motor for heater will start and then…

Customer Question
Hi 2004 toureg blower...

Hi 2004 toureg blower fan motor for heater will start and then fade off and stop. No rubbing or grinding noises. ... Is that possibly the control module?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No there's no noise it just runs and then the fan stops again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2004 toureg vw

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I checked filter and looked at fan. It's well lubed and blades aren't restricted, turns nice...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's good thank you:)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
1/4/2018
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 4 months ago
Martin, auto electrical

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

There is a blue/green unit on the passenger side under the dash board on the heater fan unit that might be the fault. This unit controls the fan speed. It's called the blower speed regulator. You should find it easy and replacing it should rectify the problem. They get hot and the resistor are mounted on a plate that both holds it in position and also conduct the current flow and this becomes loose from the heat, causing the loss in current flow.

I hope you find this information of assistance. Should you need more please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.

Martin, auto electrical