VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I cannot open my gas tank. It starts as usual, but I just…

Customer Question
I cannot open my...

I cannot open my gas tank .

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts as usual, but I just had it repaired, but not near the gas tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2010 cc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried cancelling all the menus and tried to open it. I tried with a credit card, but no luck

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
1/3/2018
VW Mechanic: internal88, VW Mechanic replied 6 months ago
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am Brandon - VW tech.

The fuel door actuator is bad or got disconnected this is why the door is not opening.

You could also manual opening it by going through the trunk at the rear panel. Do you want to open it that way?

You will have to open the trunk and pull down the trunk lining. That way you will have and access the port on the right side near the pocket, you can reach forward with your hand and access the metal bar between the actuator and the fuel door. You'll have to rely on touch because you won't be able to see anything. Once you feel the metal bar, if you push it backward. It should pop the door open. Please rate me positive, thank you!