VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2003 jetta 1.8T automatic. Stalls randomly on the highway.

Customer Question
Second opinion] 2003 jetta 1.8T...
Second opinion] 2003 jetta 1.8T automatic. Stalls randomly on the highway. Mechanic thinks it's the O2 sensors, but they were replaced 9 months ago. The car has 75thousand original miles on it. Check engine light did NOT come onJA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?Customer: Check engine light DID NOT COME ONJA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Took to a mechanic and she stated O2 sensors are faulty. But they are new and there are no CEL codes are presentJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
VW Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

has anything else been checked or replaced? what was your specific question about this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not since the problem started.
The question is: what is the cause of this stalling problem and how to address it

Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it would most likely be caused by a failing fuel pump, or failing crank sensor. the faulty item would need to be replaced to correct the issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert