VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 08 jetta w/ damp back floor board. I notice that…

Customer Question
I have a 08...

I have a 08 jetta w/ damp back floor board . I notice that the ac isn’t dripping out from below. I went online and saw a video how to clean the line. I went down up on passenger front and found the ac tube line. I took a vacuum hose and tried to clean out the line.it work for a couple days .now it’s not draining again.what do I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes all cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried cleaning ac line from up inside with a vacuum hose it worked for a couple days but back to no dripping again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
12/31/2017
VW Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

It simply need to be cleaned again, if it gets too gunked up and a cleaning cant fix it the hvac box will need to be removed and cleaned