VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It's getting ready to be set on fire!! Thing is junk!! GLS…

Customer Question
It's getting ready to...

It's getting ready to be set on fire!! Thing is junk!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

GLS 1.8t 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was trying. I have error codes p2123, p2128, p0036 and p1861

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

160k

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/30/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information.

Any recent repairs or accidents with the vehicle? If so please explain so i can have a history to assist

Thanks

To much to list for repairs but nothing recent. It acted like this once before and the MAF was replaced which fixed the issue. I'll get the VIN hopefully tonight. No accidents.

please do so i can assist you !! thanks

Vin 3vwse69m92m189909
Ok first thing is to check is the o2 sensor lower one to see if there is any damage to the sensor , wiring , or connector. Unplug the sensor check for corrosion. Let me know if you find anything abnormal
Will do!! Unfortunately I can't get to it until this weekend.. I'll let you know what I find. Both of them?

ok got it just keep me in the loop!!

I'm assuming both correct? Before and after CAT?

after the cat only!!

Thanks!!

yep . my pleasure!!