VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

No heat. One half (driver side) some heat, the rest cold.

Customer Question
One half (driver side)...

One half (driver side) some heat, the rest cold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2014 jetta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taken to VW in red deer,numerous times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
12/28/2017
VW Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The site is going to prompt you for a call. Please know no call is required and if a call is needed, we will agree to it.

This usually indicates there is a problem with the blend door actuator. In this case the one on the passenger side is not working like it should. If you remove the heat duct on the passenger side you should be able to see it. You can try turning the heat up and down on that side and see if it's moving anything.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician