VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Both running lights are out on my 03 passat. The round

Customer Question
Both running lights are...

Both running lights are out on my 03 passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The round lensed outer daylight running lights next to the actual headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am oping to solve the prob myself. haven't done anything to car yet. though I'd start with the Net

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have the shop manual that doesn't mention running lights in the fuse diagram, just headlights and parking lights. Another fuse card ID's the parking lights as side marker ;ights, but I know those

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/27/2017
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I need to know what liter engine and what trim level your car is to get the right diagrams.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I figured it out myself. One light was loose and the other bulb was blown.I never actually received an answer because I didn't tell you about the trim and the liter size of the engine like you asked. I feel the website mislead me because it mentioned the $5 and that it was refundable, but I don't recall being told that the next step would be an answer that I would be charged for.

Glad you got it resolved