VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Can you tel me the security code for my radio if I give you…

Customer Question
Can you tel me...

Can you tel me the security code for my radio if I give you the serial number?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Volkswagen 2010 Jetta

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW

Radio SN: *********

12/26/2017
VW Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

Please be sure you don't have the code with the owners manual as this is usually where it is placed. If you do not, due to security reasons, for your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can get the code from your dealer, usually for free by showing proof of ownership.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer and if you have any other questions please feel free to hit the reply button. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.