VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Did a short accidently conecting pins 86 & 85 of relay #4…

Customer Question
Did a short accidently...

Did a short accidently conecting pins 86 & 85 of relay #4 (53) toghether And the Cash wont light up and as soon as the car starts y turns off (1 second after)

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Yes the car worked perfectly before I have a mk4 jetta god vr6 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would try to if you help me out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just located the inmovilaser should I try and disconect it and start the car I have 3 key for it and none of the works ps the cluster do sent light up

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: VW
12/25/2017
VW Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

what relay, where it located and why were you messing with it?

what is the name of the relay? on vw's there are relays all over the place and every vw is different.

ECT relay?

thats not what Im asking. what system is it for and why did you pick that relay? vw manuals are very limited in their location and nomenclature.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In the picture I included the bin number of my car . if you could please open and see the first 2 pictures I sent you. In the 2 pictures I sent you says relay number 4 is for fog light configuration
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello I’m Wolfgang. On that particular relay what wires are in back of the relay? Is there any blinking light when it stalls on the cluster? Any scan test on the vehicle.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
far things that work : headlights hi and low , locking door with key, wippers, radio.. Things that do not work no a single indicator on cluster panel comes up or ilumination when turning headlights and the car last only 1 second after starting it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have acces to de electric diagram of my car?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pin 30 - gauge color Gray with Yellow stripe . pin 87- gauge color Green with Yellow stripes . pin 86 - gauge color Green . pin 85 - gauge color White
I do. Let me do my thing on this. This may take a bit due to the holiday but I will get back with a game plan. Do you have vag com scan tool?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If i did i would already gave you the codes but i dont
Ok you dont have the diagram? Online
At this time I’m on the road. My diagrams are from Vw direct.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Understood well dont drive while using you phone
Write me back when you have access to your vw diagrams so we can proceed ok
Got it thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It would be none sence &
irrelevant talking about things like how many milles does my car have? When was the last oil change etcetera ect
I need you in the same page that i am and asking or telling the right things

ok VW came back online!!

when you turn the key on does the yellow light come on of a key and car symbol together?

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced