VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I was almost in a wreck and had to swerve to miss t boning…

Customer Question
I was almost in a...
I was almost in a wreck and had to swerve to miss t boning this car. In the midst of narrowly missing them I drove in the ditch and and got back on the road. When I pulled over and shut off my car to check on it and then tried to restart it. It will turn over but not stay cranked. Not the check engine and epc lights are on. What does that mean or should I do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/24/2017
VW Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

does the engine start temporarily or no?

For about 3-5 second
Maybe 2-3 seconds but it does start temporarily

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suspect this is most likely an issue with fuel delivery - fuel pumps can be sensitive to impacts.

you will need to have fuel pressure, spark and power to the fuel pump monitored while cranking to verify.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

did you have additional questions?
What’s the solution to this problem?

first you need to have the fuel pressure and spark checked as I outlined. Then, if the fuel pump is confirmed as I suspect, you will need to replace the pump. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Can I help you further?