VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2008 Vw jetta 2.5 codes 00588, 02546,00778. Common causes…

Customer Question
2008 Vw jetta 2.5 codes...
2008 Vw jetta 2.5 codes 00588, 02546,00778. Common causes how to repair?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Also these came up after we changed out the steering column cause of a problem with the key cylinder
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon you will need to set the basic settings in the steering angle sensor G85 on the steering column , you also need ton reset the basic settings with your steering stop this way the electronic power steering will work correctly , and you also have a fault for the airbag igniter to reset that (00588) and if it comes back that a look at the spiral spring , and also the harness from the spiral spring to the airbag igniter in the airbag . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

How do u reset them

What scan tool are you using ??

Snap on verus edge

OK do you have the option on there to reset the steering angle sensor under the 03 Brake electronics module ?? I dont have experience with that scan tool

Okay so we got all the lights out except for the word safe where the odometer is
What faults do you have now ? Does the car start and shut down or stay running ?
Please don’t forget to provide feedback thank you
It does everything fine it just has the word safe on the dash
You need to adapt the immobilized
How do I do that
Let me ask you a question what exactly was replaced with the steering column what modules ?
The whole thing and then we had key and thing programmed

Was it a used item ?