VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I had a warning light come on and read in the manual its the…

Customer Question
I had a warning...

I had a warning light come on and read in the manual its the malfunction indicator lamp. It ran fine when accelarating but at a stop the car was rough and shaling

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No i don't. It's a 2009 tiguan

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the VW Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Tiguan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing as it just happened on my way home tonight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/21/2017
VW Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

If the engine was running rough and misfiring then the check engine would store a code to what caused it and may even identify what cylinder was causing the rough running. Have you had computer scanned for codes yet?