VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 04 Touareg v6. I had an issue with it stalling

Customer Question
I have a 04...

I have a 04 Touareg v6. I had an issue with it stalling every 20-30 sec. I replaced both fuel pumps and the flange that has the filter(so now has a new filter). Started it up nd it idles great, problem is now when I push the accelerator pedal it bogs down and stalls. If I gradually press the pedal slowly it revs up as supposed to. But pushing the pedal quickly to accelerate it bogs down and stalls. Looking for ideas on what to check. Could a fuel line be connected incorrectly to the pumps?

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Filled it up after it had died thinking it was low on gas. No gas smell in engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing it myself. Replaced both fuel pumps and the flange with the fuel filter as well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
12/20/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please

understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem

with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer

data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we

just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the

vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be

patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in

return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there

is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I

can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you

through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

is the check engine light on ?

what faults are stored with a scan ?

do you have VAG com scan tool to get measured values while running?

thanks