VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2000 beetle diesel car lose power and check engine…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 beetle diesel car lose power and check engine light is on, computer shows error 19686,16764.17964 where can i find this codes, somebody told me they are ralated to vacum

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just check the vacuum hoses, i did change some but is the same, I'm trying to find a mechanic but In Miami there are not good ones especially for disel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/20/2017
VW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The 19686 is not showing any information. This usually means that the diagnostic is done with the manufacturers scan tool. Although, I do have information for the other codes. The 16764 is indicating a glow plug malfunction. I am suspecting that the vehicle is running rough. You will need to inspect and replace the glow plugs as necessary. The 17964 code is indicating a charge pressure control issue. This is likely the cause of a broken hose or a faulty boost pressure control system. Just a moment, please.

Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information for the issue that you are having. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17964/P1556/005462#Possible_Solutions You need to check the glow plugs and connections, along with all of the vacuum hoses and hoses to and from the turbo.

A capable scan tool will be needed to check the boost system.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

VW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.