VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Today I blew a fuse for my Radio and Serious XM add on. I…

Customer Question
Today I blew...

Today I blew a fuse for my Radio and Serious XM add on. I took out my owners manual, and found out where the fuse was located. The book says that the fuse was behind a panel on the left lower side of the instrument panel, and to pull down on the cover and removing the cover would reveal my fuse block.I tried it and the cover would not come down or out. What can I do short of prying it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes and the other fuse box is in the engine compartment. I checked all of the fuses there, and they are o.k..As I said, I cannot pull the cover under instrument panel, because thats where the Radio fuse. is. What can I do to remove that cover?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Its a 2017 Jetta, about 10 Months old..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told you all about what I have done. I would suggest you read over what I have told you, which is self explanetory. I dont mean to be sarcastic, but as I explained in previous explanation, I cannot get the cover away from the dash, so that I can view and test those fuses.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
12/19/2017
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 8 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Are you certain it is a blown fuse? It appears that you have not yet removed it from the vehicle as per your description.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 8 months ago

Radio failures are very common on newer jettas. The issue will most likely be covered under warranty. Hopefully the information I supplied helped. Please leave me a 5 star rating, if you do not feel I deserve a 5 star rating, please let me know ahead of time and I will make sure I have done all that I can to assist you, thank you.