VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a Jetta 4 20lt. While driving at times my engine

Customer Question
Hi Guys, I have...

Hi Guys, I have a Jetta 4 20lt. While driving at times my engine stalls on me and cuts out. I wait for about 15min then start it up again and I'm on my way. It does it at random times. O yes then I get a message emissions control visit workshop. What could this be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Yes while driving it just stalls

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jetta?

Emissions workshop comes up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've replaced the oxygen sensor. And it's a 2000 modle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
12/18/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information.

• what fault codes are stored in the engine ecm?
  • i do need the picture of the options sticker that is in the trunk.

once i have that information i can get the factory repair manuals to assist you!!

Thanks

There is no options sticker in the trunk. I do have the fault codes that are coming up in the ECU.
1. P1582 Idle adaptation limit reached
2. P0322 Engine speed sensor (G28) No signal.

ok lets go this route . i do need the pic of the engine compartment so i can see which 4 cyl style engine you have .

if you can look on the timing belt cover there should be a sticker if there can you take a pic of that?

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced