VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Can i change the starter on my 2004 touareg without pulling…

Customer Question
Can i change the...

Can i change the starter on my 2004 touareg without pulling the motor?

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the vw dealer and they told me it needs anew starter. said the motor has to be pulled to do it and thus it would cost big bucks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. i will do it myself if i can do it by going thru the inner fender.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
VW Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech. replied 7 months ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

What size engine does your vw have in it?

4.2 v8
i would just like to know if it is possible to change the starter going thru the inner fender rather than pulling the motor.

I am sorry to say but no you can not get the starter out with out pulling the engine.