VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I need to get the PIN code for my radio, I already have

Customer Question
Hi, I need to...

Hi, I need to get the PIN code for my radio, I already have serial code in hand.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your VW. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
12/17/2017
VW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Thanks

I am so sorry your radio is not working, due to security reasons, for
your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your
radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want
to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can
get the code from your dealer for free by showing proof of ownership.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have anymore questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

I don't expect to be charged for an answer like this. I can understand the security concern, but i should not be charged because I didn't get any useful information

Yes you did, I told you where and how to get that code and still for free.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor