VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2010 Tiguan. Driver door won't open from the outside

Customer Question
2010 Tiguan. Driver door...
2010 Tiguan. Driver door won't open from the outside.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/17/2017
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the door will not open from the outside but does from the inside then you can most likely rule out the latch.

If the outside handle moves with little resistance then you most likely have a linkage issue, whether it's the handle itself or the linkage between the handle and latch has come off.

If it does seem to have normal resistance but the door does not open then odds are the linkage is intact and the problem is with the latch.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel to inspect the handle and linkage to determine what has failed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.