VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My 2017 VW Golf's transmission sometimes freezes up. Car…

Customer Question
My 2017 VW Golf's...

My 2017 VW Golf's transmission sometimes freezes up. Car won't movel

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Why?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 VW?

VW golf sportswagen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taking a taxi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
12/16/2017
VW Mechanic: internal88, VW Mechanic replied 8 months ago
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am Brandon - VW tech.

You must be located in a very cold climate.

I would recommend you to purchase and install a block heater element for your vehicle. It will have to be plugged in overnight to keep the drive train warm for start up.

Amazon offer this product at a fair price. Very easy to install yourself.

Kat's 24150 150 Watt 4"x 5" Universal Hot Pad Heater - all you will need to do just plug it in and have the pad under the transmission.

Please rate me Positive, thank you!