VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2008 Vw jetta 2.5 key cylinder won't turn past accessory and…

Customer Question
2008 Vw jetta 2.5 key...
2008 Vw jetta 2.5 key cylinder won't turn past accessory and have no power. Cylinder feels spongy, common causes how to repair?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/14/2017
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now....

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

the tumbler or lock cylinder is damaged and will have to be replaced. they break on the inside

How do u get it out
Is there a trick to removing steer electronic control system
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

im reviewing now

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

i will be stepping put for a while be back in the evening thanks

How do you remove anti theft immobilizer?
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Slide it back I put image
How do I get rest of multifunction switch off?
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

which multifunction switch

The blinker arm and the windshield wiper arm
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

did you remove the clockspring?

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

the switches do not have to be removed

The problem is in the cylinder that holds the key cylinder with the stupid bolt they shear off so I would like to get it off
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

let me review

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

which bolt are you talking about??

There r 2 bolts that hold the outer housing that the key cylinder goes into...it is held in by 2 shear bolts they call them ... basically there is no head cus they break them off...I had to drill them out and it still is in there...how does the rest of the levers come off there has to be a lock ring or something...
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

you dont have to remove the whole ignition switch only the cylinder

How do you remove the antenna from the lock cylinder ?
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

im reviewing now.....

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

which antenna??

The round black piece where the key goes in that plugs into the harness
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

the reader coil does not have to be removed

it does I bought a used steering column and I need to put it on the used one
VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

let me check...

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

the reader coil is actually attached to the lock cylinder so it is not servicable

VW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

hi just checking up on you. please rate me on my services. thank you and happy holidays