VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The ecm finally showed up. Do I need to do anything special…

Customer Question
The ecm finally showed up...
The ecm finally showed up. Do I need to do anything special to put it in
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/12/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello again I need you to refresh the situation here. Thanks
Ok
I have a 99 Passat that cranks and won’t start. I have spark and fuel. The timing marks all line up. You thought the ecm was bad. I put a new Engine speed sensor in it but it made no difference.
The reason I ask is everything I read on line says I can just install it because it’s the same part number
What do you think?