VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My break lights done work. My blinkers only show in the

Customer Question
My break lights done...

My break lights done work. My blinkers only show in the instrumental pane and not the exterior of the car. And same with my hazards

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Got an oil changed last week. And 21 point inspection done

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2011 JETTA 2.5 se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked. Fuses. All good. On driver side. The engine compartment is good as well. Check the bulbs. None blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the relay fuse under the hood.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
12/9/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

is the bulb indicator light on in the dash?

It was on away back and now it came back on. After I pulled the relay fuse out and put it back.

if you turn on the blinkers the outside front and rear lights do not blink ?