VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I want to swap a radio for a radio that has sirus satellite…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I want...

Second opinion] I want to swap a radio for a radio that has sirus satellite I have navigation no satellite it is a 2017 bettle convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Stock with car can an after market work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

No dealer tried to hook up satellite won't work according to VIN #

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope just get satellite in my car

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 7 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. You could go with a aftermarket stereo that has sirius capabilty. I know on the older beetles ( 2010 ), The sirius module was a completely seperate unit. On an aftermarket stereo, It will be already inside the unit. I would call a local stereo/audio shop and see if they have anything, your car being so new they may not have a adaptor kit, but you could try.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years