VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

When I try to start my 2008 raddit 2.5 engine. Everything…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to start my 2008 raddit 2.5 engine. Everything comes on but the won't crank does nothing. Light come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yea spark plugs good. It's like it's dead when you turn key nothing happens

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 VW?

Rabbit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rabbit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just happend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The power steering went out two days ago to.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
When is someone going to get back in touch wit me
12/5/2017
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 7 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. What is your experience with vehicle electrical systems, and do you have a scan tool capable of talking to all the computers in the car? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

Have no computers to test anything.
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok. Do you know how to use a voltmeter?

VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Ok i cn help you hear it sounds like the battery is low and causing the issue you are having i recommend having the battery tested since the power steering is electric in this vehicle more then likely there was not enough power to the power steering control head and caused that issue too. I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the hep provided thank you