VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2006 VW Jetta 2.5, 94,000 miles. Two codes, P0343 and P0106.

Customer Question
Vehicle has check engine light...
2006 VW Jetta 2.5, 94,000 miles. Two codes, P0343 and P0106. Vehicle has check engine light, as well as being in 'limp mode' (Not allowing rpm's to exceed 3,000). I assumed the camshaft position sensor, and replaced it with no avail. Now thinking it might be the MAP sensor near the throttle body, assuming the PCV valve is leaking oil to the intake, and drowned the MAP sensor. Thoughts?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: VW
Runs and drives just fine. The only indications is the limitation to 3,000 rpm, and it takes a little long to start (4-5 full seconds of cranking). I do not know how quickly the vehicle started before the CEL, as I purchased the vehicle yesterday.
12/5/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 4 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon have you checked upper chain timing yet ??

No, I have not.
Are you suggesting it might be the upper tensioner?

Ok regarding the Map sensor fault i would wait to replace it after the first fault is fixed these motors are very common to have a issue with he upper chain stretching and causing can faults and running issues you will need to put the vehicle in top dead center with crank and cam timing marks lined up and then pull the valve cover and use the special cam lock tool and see if the tool fits to check timing more then likely you will find that the intake camshaft will be out of time and the tool will not even line up very common issue . We always replace the upper cam chain ,tensioner and cam intake cam adjuster, this will also cause a fuel trim issue that will trigger a map sensor fault . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided thank you

vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician