VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Terrible smell in my 2007 eos. Top-down in the sun. using…

Customer Question
Terrible smell in my...

Terrible smell in my 2007 eos

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?

Top-down in the sun. using "dry-rid" to absorb moisture. nothing working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dealer put the car thru two session of ozone (?).

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Does the small happen when you use the hvac?

THE SMELL IS THERE ALL THE TIME. WE'VE TRIED TO PUT THE CONVERTIBLE TOP DOWN AND LET IT BAKE IN THE SUN.

Have you ever had any water leak issues like 80% of the eos models out there

WE HAVE NOT HAD WATER ISSUES, BUT WE PURCHASED THE EOS USED. THERE WAS NO RECORD OF ANY WATER PROBLEMS IN THE "CARFAX" REPORT.

Ok a lot of eos models have had water leak issues that why i mention it and usually that kind of repairs are not in the car fax report since its not a accident or major maintenance , what we have seen if that the vehicle at one point gets water leaks and water damage to the carrot insulation which is located under the carpet its the padding that gets wet and usually not properly dried or replaced that makes the smell i recommend getting this checked out more then likely you will notice its causing the smell you are having . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

Please dont forget to provide feedback thank you

SORRY, BUT I HAD AN EMERGENCY THAT TOOK ME A COUPLE DAYS TO RESOLVE (I HOPE !!). SO, FINAL QUESTION IS: WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST WE DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, ASSUMING THAT IT'S WATER RELATED? al b
I suggest you remove the padding in the vehicle and have it inspected if the vehicle had any type
Of water inside of it this padding would smell. I hope all this has helped please don’t forget to provide feedback thank you