VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It ran low on oil. I parked it, added oil, now it wont

Customer Question
Hey, it ran low...

Hey, it ran low on oil. I parked it, added oil, now it wont start. ideas? It is a 2008 Jetta 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

2000 miles ago. it's due

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's sitting in a parking lot right now. Yes, I'd like to fix it myself. I added oil to the correct level. It didn't start. I tried pushing the trip odometer in while turning the ignition on, then off and cranking. no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
12/4/2017
VW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Did the vehicle overheat during this time? Did you hear any noises out of the ordinary? Also, when you turn the key, is the motor turning over or not?

VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 6 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon i will be helping you tonight, how low was the oil level ??

Hey! No, it didn’t overheat, no noise, ran perfectly. Now, 8 hours after I parked it, it cranks for 5 seconds, gives an audible beep and flashes the oil light
Anyone there?

Am here sorry i was helping other customers

What dies the vehicle do when you try to crank it does it sound normal ??

Can you also tell me how low the oil level was?

Oil level was almost not showing on dipstick. Cranking sounds normal-
Cranks for 5 seconds, then beeps and flashes oil light
Needs to be reset somehow? Or is it shot.

Ok when you turn the key towards the on position does the check engine light come on the dash ? just on the on position not cranking it ?

No
It comes on for a second with all other lights, but soon goes out

ok just making sure its still coming on , ok you either have a failing fuel pump not providing fuel pressure to the engine or a internal engine issue since the vehicle ran low on oil you will need to have fuel pressure checked if that checks out then have the engine internal compression checked out to see i you have a internal engine issue . I hop this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

Thanks

Your welcome please dont forget the feedback for the help thank you