VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a vw polo 1.4tdi 2008 and need to remove bumper to…

Customer Question
I have a vw...

I have a vw polo 1.4tdi 2008 and need to remove bumper to replace off side headlight bulb

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Good afternoon here are the instructions on what to remove our manual doesn’t provide pictures since it’s a UK model but this should help please don’t forget to provide feedback star rating for the help thank you. Remove bolts in the wheel arches, 4 each side
2. Remove 4 bolts under the car whether you have the lower engine compartment cover or not. Two each side also screwing into the wheel arch liner
3. Remove the grill, two bolts
4. Undo the 3 bolts under the gril
5. Remove the two lower side grills, each will expose another bolt, remove these two bolts.
6. There are 4 clips under the bumper that clips into the cradle, remove them by pushing the centre pin through with a 2mm allen key.
sorry to say but itis wrong my bumper is nothing like that the grill does not come out alone anyway so i do hope you do not charge me for wrong info
Sorry my repair manual may be wrong because of the uk model I’ll opt out and see if any other expert has the uk model info
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a photograph of the options sticker that is locate in the spare tire area.

please see attachment for an example

once i have that sticker i can get the factory repair information to assist !!

Thanks