VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I got fault code P164b - Oil Pressure Switch. I already

Customer Question
replaced oil pump, sensors, seals...
I got fault code P164b - Oil Pressure Switch. I already replaced oil pump, sensors, seals and didn't work. I always used Motul 5w40, OEM oil filter.. Do you have any idea what can be?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
VW Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I’m reviewing your question and will get back to ASAP.
Greg
Is this the only code you have .
I only got this one
Good morning .
Ok you had this code and you have replaced the oil pump and oil pressure sensor.
Is the oil pressure sensor warning light on or does it go off when engine is rev’ed above 1100 rpm
Greg
The engine light only goes on when the oil temperature is 120 graus Celsius and with 6000 rpm. Above This the car runs ok

Check the wiring harness one to four Inches from the sensor

known to break and cause bad connection .

Get back to me

Greg

Do you mean connectors in pressure switches?
Do you know the voltage?

Yes at the pressure switch the wires break ,

You need to do a wiggle test and check each line ,after the switch strech the wire if one of the wires plastic coat break's

off that's the bad wire . if wire check's out good then you may have a bad ECU.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Have you ever seen some case like this? It is common in VW cars but looking on the internet I never saw any case that was solved
seen a few cases with the fault being the wiring harness .
This would be the first thing I would test first could save a lot of time and money .
Go to live data and wiggle test the wire you will see in the live data if it’s bad . Don’t be scared pull hard on each wire .
Greg