VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

P0121 code. I have reset it and it came back P0121. Passat…

Customer Question
I have reset it...

I have reset it and it came back P0121

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Passat 2010 20l tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing tried

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
11/30/2017
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code will set with a fault with the throttle position/accelerator pedal switch/sensor at fault.On a TDI this is usually the accelerator pedal sensor itself at fault with the pedal assembly needing replaced.In some cases, moisture can get inside the connection and causes corrosion to where it needs to be replaced and the connector cleaned.

But this does sound like the accelerator pedal switch at fault with the accelerator pedal needing replaced.Make sure no wiring damage is found leading to it as this can also cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete