VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I had the thermostat replaced still no heat. Levels are

Customer Question
I had the thermostat...

I had the thermostat replaced still no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Levels are good. thermostat was tested.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

New beetle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had the thermostat replaced at a garage and he said it was blowing 110 degrees I had a friend drive it back (an hour) no heat now. did something jog out of place? in the vent system

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
11/28/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the factory information and drivetrain package to assist!!

thanks