VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My 2010 Passat has the following problem: The dashboard

Customer Question
My 2010 Passat has the...
My 2010 Passat has the following problem: The dashboard lights switch on by itself with the key removed. Also the message “button for driver assist systems defective” appears.
Problem is that my batterie is often empty due to the daskboard lights switching on by itself
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
11/26/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

How does your messy button feel where you start the vehicle ??

I meant Kessy

What is the Kessy button?
The Kessy button feels good both going in and coming out. All systems switch off after removing the key. But after a few seconds the dashboard lights switch back on by itself.

Ok there are 2 common issues to cause your issue you either have a issue with the steering column module located on the column or you have a fault ignition switch since you stated that your ignition feels ok and has no signs of a issue i recommend you have the trouble codes checked in the entire system and see if you have faults for the steering column lock module . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you