VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Poor heat condition. Verified flow to and through heater…

Customer Question
Poor heat condition. Verified flow...
Poor heat condition. Verified flow to and through heater core. Backflushed 2x anyway. Water pump/timing belt/thermostat replaced. Bleed procedure done more than 10x still seems to bubble quite a bit. No visible leaks/pooling/puddles under car. No overheating. Sometimes during bleed procedure heat will be present. Blend door motor functioning. Air flow sounds like blend door is actuating/moving. Single code on climatronic is 313 hvac air intake sensor malfunction. I’m stuck.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
11/26/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

i can help you do you have heat if you rev up the engine and hold it at 2000rpm ?

Sometimes.

Aa ron i have working for Vw 15 years and i can tell you i am 95% sure you have a heater core that is partially clogged and causing your issue i used to be the same way and do all you have done and got burned many times and still ended top putting a heater core in the customers car to fix the issue , we even would put CLR in the heater core overnight ad then flush the heater core only with the hoses disconnected it would improve it but will not fix the issue the correct way and the customer would come back not long after, I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Are there any procedures for heater core replacement available to a non VW Mechanic?

Here is a link that will break things down for you bette then the rear manual because it just makes things harder the dash and heater box needs to come out we charge about 8 hours to do this repair in the shop please dont forget the feedback star rating thank you

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/b5-information-base/340339-diy-heater-core-swap.html

Even with identical flow into and out of heater core? Both hoses HOT? Two of the backflush procedures were done by ASE certified mechanics. I believe you that 95% -probably more like 99.999%- of the time it is a plugged or partially clogged core but wouldn’t they have noticed that? Wouldn’t I have a reduction in flow out of heater core? And a significant reduction in temperature on the outlet hose? What would the other 5% causes be?

Even if you have good flow at both side of the core we still have this issue . The other 5% would be air in the system we use a vacuum style bleeder to get all the air out of the system its a better way of bleeding this system . If this was done already i can guarantee you that you will have a heater core issue we see this all the time . If you would like a phone call i can send you a request to speak over the phone on this issue . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you