VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Would you please look up the ratios including the final

drive for my 2000 VW...
Would you please look up the ratios including the final drive for my 2000 VW Eurovan 01P? They are not to be found online.
11/22/2017
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1st--2.714

2nd--1.441

3rd--1.000

4th--0.743

R--2.884

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

final drive?

Those are the ratios for all 4 gears you have. Final drive/overdrive is 4th gear.

Maybe it's semantics, differential ratio.

I am not sure what you mean by your follow up reply.

Between the transmission and the CV shafts is another set of gears that in a RWD vehicle would be referred to as "differential", "rear end". Not sure what it's referred to as in a transaxle app.

Found what you need on a different repair guide. On the trans case is a stamping of the model trans you have. You need to know that first then look at the chart that shows the gear and final drive/differential ratio. Use this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/e20xikky83gqh5f/euovan.pdf?dl=0

Are you needing more help?

Are you pleased with my help?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician