VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have gti golf 5 no spark and no fuel after the cambelt cut…

I have gti...

I have gti golf 5 no spark and no fuel after the cambelt cut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Does not start at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GTI?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GTI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I m machinic but i dont have much details on vw. i have changed the crank sensor and coded the key again but still fails

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the car bend valves after repairs on the cylinder head it started and was idling 100% when we turned off it was having hard start checked and realized the is no spark it comes and goes, but later it also stopped fueling.

11/21/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

when you turn the key on does the check engine(yellow) light come on in the dash?

in the back where the spare tire there is a white 3x5 sticker of the vehicle serial # and the option codes

i do need a picture of that sticker to assist!!

Thanks

the engine light comes on, please don't hesitate to give information i m technical influenced i have diagnostic tool. all you need is to share with me what you do best, thanks.let me get the sticker for you, please note this is a Japanese version.

that is fine i kinda knew this is a wacky one. perform total module scan on car and post codes here!!

ok i need you to scan the trans module if automatic .

ok

ok give me a few to get the diagram!!!

sure

vw server down once it gets back on line will get back!!

ok. i will wait
any news
i am living the office now @ 17h00 please update me as soon as you can. i will wait for reponse. thanks
still off the server

sorry for the delay in the engine fuse box switch the 2 (100) relays . does the check engine light come back on?

please if you can can you take a pic of the instrument cluster with the key on?

thanks

HI. ARE YOU THERE?
I AM WAITING GUYS PLEASE GIVE ME FEET BACK

did you swap the 2 relays in the engine fuse box (100) as i have requested?

I DID
BUT I DID NOT SWITCH ON YET. WAITING FOR YOU?
I DID WHAT NEXT NOW. I AM TRYING TO FOLLOW YOUR STEPS. BUT LOOKS LIKE YOU BUSY.

key on , what is the voltage at fuse f23 of engine fuse box

if you have voltage on 23 then check if you have voltage on f40

OK F23 12.12 V AND F40 12.10 V

ok that is good that means the j271 relay is good

fuse f28 do you have 12 volts?

if you do you need to gain access to the ecu and leave ecu connected back probe on the larger connector pins 3 , 5 and 6 (these should be hot) to ground pins 1,2 and 4. then measure the resistance of pins 1, 2, and 4 to battery negative post with the large connector off. let me know what you find!!

oh, what do you mean hot. connected?
Ecu connection still hooked up. Hot = battery +
With the ecu connectors hooked up measure between 2 of ecu connector and battery negative post. Then the same with pin 5 and 6 to battery negative. Then disconnect the same connector set your meter to ohms then measure from pin 1 to negative post of battery then he same on 2 then on 6 to ground. What are your readings
can you please send me the wiring diagram of both connector.
i did check as per your request.
lager connector resistance in pin 3/5/6 to battery has continuity with resistance 485 in all three
pin 1 /2/ 4 connector has continuity with resistance of 0.007 in all
pin 1/2/4 measuring resistance to battery negative connector off gives me 0 ohmsyour second requestpin 2 to battery + you gets 12,4
pin 5 to battery - you gets 12,3
pin 5 to batter - you get 12.3ohms resistance reading
pin 1 to bat - you get 0.03 kilo ohms
pin 2 to bat - you get 0.00 kilo ohms
pin 6 to bat - you get 1.30 to 1.29 kilo ohmsplease get back to me. i am suspecting the ecu has failed?

yes exactly the ecu has powers and looks like the ecu has ground . the only thing it is that the ecu failed!!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician