VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Car alarm for 1997 Volkswagen Jetta. I can't start car, or…

Car alarm for 1997...

Car alarm for 1997 Volkswagen Jetta. I can't start car, or shut it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not yet but I don't think battery is the problem. What if I can just disconnect

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pressing all the buttons etc.

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Have you tried to disarm the alarm by unlocking the drivers door with the key to disarm the alarm?

I will try.

Let me know the results if that does not work i will send you some info on how you can bypass the alarm system for good

Tried door lock, and it didn't work. Please go ahead and tell me how to stop the alarm. I have removed a battery cable for now.
I will upload the info tonight for you I have it saved on my desktop can you send me a reminder tonight
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND ME INSTRUCTIONS ON DISARMING JETTA CAR ALARM TONIGHT
YOU ASKED ME TO REMIND YOU.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.
ROXANNE

Good afternoon Roxanne i have pleaded a link you can copy and paste where it shows the wiring you can have done to the alarm control module to be able to bypass your alarm system its connecting 2 wires together i recommend you have a mechanic do this quick issue if you want to by pass the alarm system . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/alarmcentralhelp/alarmhelp2.htm#6

vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician