VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Was changing the wiper motor and lost all power windows, all

Customer Question
lights inside and out, horn JA...
Was changing the wiper motor and lost all power windows, all lights inside and out, horn
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: does not fluctuate, lights will flutter if i turn the switch off and on, usually have running lights on. This is a gli with all lighting package options also
JA: What year is your GLI?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your GLI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing myself at least so far. i checked the fuses that made sense to check, disconnected battery let it sit for an hour then reconnected.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car has been great so far, nothing else i can think of, heated seats and alarm work although no lights when alarm is set
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: VW
11/20/2017
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 22 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 21 days ago

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

1- have you checkecd battery for 12 volts using voltmeter

2- when car running and you measure battery ,are we getting 14 plus volts is the alternator charging our battery

3- check battery cables for loss or corrosion on te=he battery side and starter side

sound we have a power loss and turning things off and on will cause fluctuation or power loss

we have to start here and go from there

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Just got back from checking the battery, everything is in the right range, no codes are coming up via obdii

ok no code , battery good, next will be do we have 12 volts at starter when you turn ignition to start position

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat