VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It is 2-12 turbo beetle. The battery was dead, I replaced…

It is 2-12 turbo...

It is 2-12 turbo beetle. The battery was dead, I replaced it. It now clicks, but nothing else. I am also interested why the car would pull current when not on (The ground wire s[arks when I connect it to the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I have been restoring cars for years. so yes and yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Beetle?

2012 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I jumped a few nights ago and it got home. I had the battery tested and then replaced it. Does this have a starter solenoid i can replace ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon i can help you out tonight

have you checked power to the starter solenoid connector while cranking to see if you have power to the starter ??

Where is the starter solenoid connector located?

its located on the drivers side of the engine to the left of the battery tray under it , the starter has a 1 pan connector ion the starter solenoid check voltage there while cranking and see what you have . If you have 12 volts there then you will have to make sure the engine turns by hand at the crank pulley just to make sure the engine has no locked up issues if all that checks out then you will need a new starter i hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
What is the best way to unplug the 1 pin connector on the solenoid?