VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

VW Passat 2008 2.0L FSI Getting error code P0089 car

stalling while idling. Will start...
VW Passat 2008 2.0L FSI Getting error code P0089 car stalling while idling. Will start again after a few minutes wait. Already changed HPFP and Cam Follower
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: CEL is on and it stalls both while standing and driving.
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I’ve replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the cam follower
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: CEL shows P0089 and P2293
11/20/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello I’m Wolfgang. Did the old follower have a hole through it ? Thanks

you need an intake camshaft !!! that needs to be replaced first with a new follower again . then recheck afterwards .

it is about a 7.5 hr job

must fix the mechanical first before and if we have to then go to electrical issues if there is still an issue!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician