VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Is a 2006 and alarm do not let me star the engine. Started

Customer Question
is a 2006 and alarm...
is a 2006 and alarm do not let me star the engine
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: started when the battery ranout
JA: What is the model of your '06 VW?
Customer: passat 2006 the remote when pressed do not make the sound
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the engine cranks but not start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i'm doing iytt myself
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
can you help?
11/19/2017
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 26 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It's possible that the problem is on the vehicle, and if the issue truly started as a result of a dead battery then there is a better chance of it, but it's more likely that the problem is with the fob. It may not be transmitting when the buttons are pressed and the fob is the first thing that needs to be addressed.

If you have a digital voltmeter you can remove the battery from the fob and test it. If the battery is good, or if replacing it doesn't help, then the next step will be to see if the fob is transmitting. Most big chain parts stores will test key fobs for free. If the fob isn't transmitting yet the battery is good then it will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician