VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2009 Volkswagen EOS, the fan is not working...there is any…

Customer Question
2009 Volkswagen EOS, the fan...
2009 Volkswagen EOS, the fan is not working...there is any way i make sure it the fan not something else.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/19/2017
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I'm assuming it's the blower motor that is not working. There are quite a few things that can prevent the blower motor from working including wiring, the control head, blower motor controller, a blown fuses, connection issues, and the blower motor itself is a definite possibility. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

To determine if the motor itself is the issue or not you could either use an incandescent test light set up across the terminals in it's connector to see if it lights when the motor is turned on, or you could supply power and ground to the motor with fused jumper wires to see if it runs. If it doesn't run when powered directly then it has failed, if there is power and ground at the motor but it doesn't run then it has failed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I did powerd the fan and it's working.

You'll need to test for power and ground then and see which is missing.

It's the radiator cooling fan.
No power going to the fan
Do you know the location of the relay?

A cooling fan control module is used rather than a relay. The problem may be the module itself, it's wiring or a blown fuse. Here is a picture of the fan controller.

Do you the location?

The service information doesn't give a location unfortunately. It should be hard mounted to the sheet metal in the front of the vehicle in the radiator area.