VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My passenger front seat on my 2012 Beetle is stuck in the…

Customer Question
Hi! My passenger...

Hi! My passenger front seat on my 2012 Beetle is stuck in the forward position as I was trying to unload something from the back seat. The lock for making the seat go forward and backwards will not lock. I thought maybe it needed to be locked for the forward seat cack to go back to being straight but neither works. This has happened several times before and I had to get a mechanic to fix it. I'm tired of paying mechanics.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires, all four are brand new...just a few months old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried everything I know how...I can't get the seat to lock in position...and I thought maybe in order to get the seat back upright again it would have to be locked...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No...Otherwise it's great.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
VW Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You