VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My car alarm won't let me start my car or do anything. The…

Customer Question
Hi my car alarm...

Hi my car alarm won't let me start my car or do anything. The car aLarm number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I need to know how to bypass the factory alarm.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

97 golf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm trying to.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
VW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

there's a couple of plugs to jump, see the attached images - on the plug with 2 red wires then use a 30A fuse so the starter works

there's a lot more detail info this blog post

http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/alarmcentralhelp/alarmhelp2.htm

VW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you