VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I lost my key to my 01 cabrio and jyst went to autozone and…

Customer Question
I lost my key...

I lost my key to my 01 cabrio and jyst went to autozone and bought a new igntion switch with new keys how do i take out the old one

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/18/2017
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You must drill it out. I highly suggest you let a locksmith do that for you.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris