VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Battery is draining dead every time I shut the car off. 2005…

Customer Question
Battery is draining dead...

Battery is draining dead every time I shut the car off

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2005 Jetta 2.5 sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sedan?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

The hood sensor light was on when my hood was shut so I disconnected that. That’s all I’ve done so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
VW Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

It's safe to assume you've load tested the battery right?

Do you want to do some amperage draw testing to pinpoint the cause of the draw?

I just want to know if this is a common issue. I don’t know how to test for that