VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Is there a certain way to install the Cradle on A Right

Headlight V W 2010 Beetle...
Is there a certain way to install the Cradle on A Right Headlight V W 2010 Beetle I am close but the rubber around the cartridge is in a little deep.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Do you mean the rubber around the headlamp ?
Rubber Around The Whole Assembly
I will take a picture
Please do thank you
I am close but the position of the assembly is a bit off in the bracket
Has the vehicle been in any kind of accident ?
No
It's just a touch deep in the bracket
If I make it nice the light doesn't work
You can move the bracket on where it mounts to adjust it a bit it’s a trial and error type of issue we run into this also when we replace the belzel for the headlamp you have to adjust it till you lack lock inn the headlamp assembly and if the rubber stays inn but a bit use a pocket screwdriver to peel back the rubber above the bumper . I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help thank you
Once you make it nice push the connector inn from the backside of the housing inn so it makes contact
Man Everyone Bitches About This....lol
Yeah I know but the Germans always design things like this tell
Me about it I work on them
Every day
Please dont forget to provide feedback thank you again
Ok.
Thx
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician